and inspire kids to clean??
we’ve got just the project for you!!!
- A free kids chore chart in PDF format
- A page of magnet designs (included in PDF above) for the Model 100 Button Maker
- An example and instructions for how to make your own!
This cute and crafty kids chore chart is just the thing to get your kids cleaning and keep your sanity too. I actually don’t have any kids, but in making this chore chart for the button blog, I discovered something amazing. This thing actually works! It’s got myself and my partner keeping up with dishes and laundry like never before! It is great! I like this idea so much that I made a special chore chart just for the two of us.
Here’s the idea:
- Make a bunch of 1 inch magnets for each member of your family. Page two of the chore chart includes printable magnet designs. Click here for additional magnet making instructions.
- Print out the chore chart or make your own.
- Laminate the chart or use a transparency over it (to make it into a dry erase board too!) and stick it to the fridge.
- Each week, delegate the chores by putting each family members magnet on their chore for the corresponding day.
- When the chore is completed, you get a little sense of accomplishment when you move your magnet to the All Done! section.
This is what I did for my family:
I came up with a chart that shows the days of the week going across the top and the chores that are specific to my household down the side. Then I found the cutest retro font I could find and cute clip art to decorate it.
The downloadable PDF chore chart is 8.5×11 vertical to be easily printed by most people. In addition to the listed chores (dishes, sweep, mop, garbage, vacuum, bathroom, and laundry) there are two blank sections so you can write in your own. You can print the magnet designs I included if you want, or you can make your own to suit your families needs. You could even switch the chart around by including the days of the week at the top, the family member names down the side, and then make different magnets for all the different chores. That way you could throw spring cleaning or some other not-so-regular household duties in there once in a while.
The possibilities are endless!!
I’d love to hear your feedback. Please leave a comment if you like these ideas : )