The 2-1/4, 3 inch and 3-1/2 inch machines from ButtonMakers.net can be used to make mirrors as well as buttons!! These are really cool. They make great gifts or novelty items for retail. It’s so easy. In this example, I’m using the Model 350 machine.
Here’s what you need:
1. Get everything together in one place
2. Place the shell In the pickup die (the one with visible springs). Place the graphic on top of the shell, and the mylar on top of the graphic.
3. Place the collet into the crimp die, flat side down sharp side up. Place the mirror in the center of the collet reflective side down.
4. Bend the shim as shown in the photo below.
5. Place the shim on the back of the mirror. Make sure it is as centered as humanly possible, this is very important. Also make sure that it is not sticking up to far as to be moved out of place when underneath the upper die. Again make sure the shim is centered!
6. Rotate the pickup die underneath the upper die and pull the handle all the way down.
7. Rotate the crimp die underneath the upper die, and make sure the shim is still centered! Pull the handle all the way down again.
8. That’s it!! now just remove the mirror from the machine, and put on your lipstick! : )
If you have any trouble with the mirror not crimping together (coming out of the machine in pieces instead of whole) it’s because the shim wasn’t centered. Make sure the shim is centered and doesn’t get bumped off center by the upper die.