(don’t have photoshop? use Open Office)
Check out our new button design templates for Photoshop. Thanks to a blog comment suggestion from user merrow, I went ahead and made these new templates, using Patterns instead of Actions. If you love the old style with the Actions and everything for some reason, they are still available here.
These templates are the correct size so that you can fill an 8×10 size page with them perfectly. We’re using 8×10 so you can print it on an 8.5×11 sheet of paper without cutting off any designs. The “Minimized Margins” files are made to fill an 8.5×11 page and should only be used if your printer can print full 8.5×11 pages.
1. First download the template you need from the list below. These downloads are in zip files. After unzipping the file, you should have a PSD file. Open the file in Photoshop.
2. Make your design as you see fit. Leave the “Cut Line” layer visible and on top. Turn off the “Face Line” layer once you’re finished with the design. You can replace our “perimeter text” with your web address or copyright info. This text shows up on the edge of your finished button. If your not using the perimeter text you can turn off those layers. Save the design when you’re done.
3. Once you’re totally finished with the design, select “Edit” > “Define Pattern” in Photoshop. Give the pattern a name, and click “OK.”
4. Open a new document “File” > “New”. Set it to 8×10 inches and 300 PPI.
5. Now, we’ll fill the document with the design Pattern. Select “Edit” > “Fill”. Select “Pattern” from the drop down menu, and choose your design from the “Custom Pattern” drop down. Click “OK”
That’s it! See that was totally easier than using Actions!
Download the template for your size below: