|SHIPPING ESTIMATES - HOW TO:
Shipping for orders at Button Makers.net is based on the weight of the items being shipped. We do our best to only charge the actual shipping amount for each order.
1. To determine what shipping will be for an order, just add the item(s) you are interested in to your shopping cart and click the "Shipping Calculator" on the right side of the page. (Click the image to the right for a larger screenshot.)
|2. On the next page enter you zip code in the provided box (US customers) or drop down the country menu and select your country (international customers).
The shipping calculator is directly tied in with the UPS and USPS mail rates servers. If there is no information displayed and you are in a foreign country, then your order is probably heavier than your postal system allows. Try placing multiple orders with less items in each order or better yet, call us!
We ship all packages via UPS or the U.S.Postal Service. The US Postal Service will hand off your package to your countries national postal system. Import taxes, duties, or customs payments are payable by the purchaser upon delivery.
All international shipments are subject to your countrys import policies and fees. We have posted information on exports to Canada below, but are unable to do this for all countries. Please take the time to familiarize yourself with your particular countrys import fees before ordering. We will not mark items as gifts, leave out invoices, mark lower prices on our customs forms, or otherwise do anything illegal (yes, it is illegal) to help you avoid paying import taxes, so please dont bother asking.
CANADIAN IMPORT FEES:
When you import items from the US into Canada you will have to pay your local taxes plus a broker fee upon delivery. US to Canada Post broker fees are usually less expensive at delivery, but tend to be more expensive up front. UPS charges rather high broker fees (usually $30 or more) but the initial shipping fee is usually less. Check out TheFinalCost.com to estimate what your broker and tax fees will be upon delivery.
TAXES & DUTIES
While our products are manufactured in the US and are therefore not subject to Canadian Duties, all commercial goods valued over $20 CAD are subject to either the Goods and Services Tax plus the Provincial Sales Tax or the Harmonized Sales Tax, depending on your province.
Import brokers inspect packages and handle the import of goods from one country to another. The fees you pay for this service are dependent on A) the shipping method you select, and B) the value of your order. UPS Brokerage fees can be found here. Canada Post charges a flat $8.00 as of the time of this writing.
|ORDERING WITH A PURCHASE ORDER: Schools and qualifying non-profit organizations can place Button Makers orders with valid POs. Following these instructions when placing PO orders will ensure that the exact items you want are included in the order, the contact name and shipping / billing addresses are correct, the shipping fees and applicable taxes approved by your organization are accurate, and every one is happy.
If you do not follow these instructions your order will most likely not be processed. Additionally, we will validate all POs that come in to prevent fraud. If we suspect, for any reason, that your PO is not valid we will not fill your order. So be sure to put correct contact information (address, phone, email, and fax) on your PO.
If you need a W9 you can download it here. Our fax number is 206-764-3351. If you can email your PO in PDF format, we prefer that to fax.
It is required that the order be entered, either online or by phone, PRIOR to the receipt of your PO. If ordering online follow these instructions:
1. Add the items you are interested in ordering to your shopping cart by clicking the "Buy Now" button.
2. Click the "Check Out" button
3. If you do not yet have an account with us, fill out you customer information. Please note that accounts are listed under the name and email address of the person ordering. When finished click the "Create" button at the bottom of the page. If you already have a ButtonMakers.net account, you can sign in with the email address and password you chose when you set up the account.
|4. Continue on to the shipping options. If the address you entered for the customer account is different from the shipping address, you can click the "Change Address" button to update it. Choose your preferred method and click Continue.
5. On the checkout page select the "Pay-by-Phone, Money Order, or Purchase Order" payment option. If you already have a PO number, you can enter it in the Special Notes box. Also, please make sure that the billing address is the proper address for receiving invoices. Click "Continue."
6. On the confirmation screen, double check the order for accuracy and click "Confirm Order." You will then receive a thank you message, informing you that the order was successful. An email will be sent to the email address you used on the account containing the order number and details.
click for larger view
7. Include your Button Makers order number on your PO and email a PDF (email@example.com) or fax (206-764-3351) it in. Once we receive your completed PO, we will check it for accuracy and validity, and fill and ship your order.
An invoice will follow within 30 days of shipment. Payment is expected immediately upon receipt of the invoice.
LOCAL PICKUP: Customers ordering in the Seattle area are more than welcome to come pick up your button makers orders. Just select the "Local Pickup" option on the shipping options page. This option is only available for Washington residents. If you are driving in from BC or elsewhere you can call us to place an order with no shipping fee.
It is important that you call and make an appointment before you come by. We are a very small company and we are not always here, even during business hours. Our local number is 206-297-8330.
We are located at:
6012 12th Ave S
Seattle WA 98108
We are the bright red storefront 4 doors down from All City Coffee in the Georgetown neighborhood (South Seattle, near Boeing Field).
LEAD TIME: On average, merchandise orders are shipped within 2-3 business days once processing has begun. We do our best to email every customer letting them know the order has shipped and provide them with available tracking information.
- These are average domestic ship times. International orders, can refer to the carriers website.
- Orders shipped First Class Postal take
4-7 days and get delivery confirmation.
- Orders shipped Priority take 2-3 days and get delivery confirmation.
- Orders shipped UPS Ground take 4-10 days (depending on location) and come with tracking info.
- Orders shipped Internationally do not have tracking numbers.
- UPS orders can be tracked at: http://www.UPS.com
- These are estimates - shipments can take much longer.
- We do not consider any order late until it is 2-5
shipping days past the estimated delivery date (not counting holidays or weekends), especially for international shipments. Remember: "shipping
days" are Monday thru Friday and do not count Saturday,
Sunday, or holidays.
- Sometimes the postal service is REALLY SLOW but we have no control over this... No one does, just be patient.
On some rare occasions we will replace a shipment when it never arrives. However,
if we have verified the shipping address with the customer and have received
a delivery confirmation from UPS or the Postal Service, we will not replace a shipment. This is to protect us from fraud and allow us to keep our prices as low as possible for the rest of humanity. We are not a big company and we dont charge much. When we have to replace an entire order, it hurts us. If you have received one of these replacement orders as well as your
original order either send one of them back to us or pay for the extra order!
At any time before your order ships, you may cancel
it for a complete refund of all charges - including shipping. To cancel an order, just send
an email to "firstname.lastname@example.org" requesting the cancellation and
include your order #.
This email should be sent from the same email address you placed the order with
or from the address associated with your PayPal account. Keep in mind that we
ship orders very quickly after they are received, sometimes only a few hours
or minutes from the time of checkout. If your order has already shipped and
you want to cancel it, check our return/refund policy.
To return an item, please print, fil out and return the following form with your package:
ButtonMakers Return Merchandise Authorization Form